Thai glutinous rice, also called sticky rice, is mainly grown in the Northeastern part of Thailand. With unique characteristics of opaque grains, glue-like texture when cooked, and very low amylose content, this Thai glutinous rice is often used for both savory and sweet dishes such as the famous Sweet Sticky Rice with Mango.
- 100% Long Grain Glutinous Rice
- Commonly called Sticky Rice.
- High Amylose (Types of starch found in a plant).
- The major production areas is in northeastern regions of Thailand.
2018〜2019年 Prime Minister's Industry Award 賞
Thai Glutinous Rice Packaging
40 - 50キロ
40 - 50キロ袋：PE袋。お客様のご要望に合わせてグラビア印刷とBOPP加工可能。 優れた防湿性があり穀物などの保村に適している。
How to cook rice
Great Choice For Thai Glutinous Rice
Thai Coconut Sticky Rice and Mango
- 1/2 cup raw Thai sticky rice (no substitute), soaked anywhare from one to 5 hours, drained and rinsed to get rid of excess starch
- 1/2 cup good coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 perfectly ripe good mango (preferably Ataulfo), peeled and cut into thick slices
- Put the rice in a heatproof bowl and steam in a steamer, over medium heat, for about 20 minutes (based on one half cup of rice). The rice should be cooked through with no hard, raw bits in the middle of the grains. You can also cook the sticky rice without a steamer, using the splatter guard method.
- Turn off the heat and let the rice stay in the steamer, with the lid on, while you prepare the coconut milk.
- In a heatproof bowl, heat the coconut milk, sugar, and salt in the microwave on high for 2 minutes. The sugar should completely dissolve and the mixture should be very hot.
- Take the sticky rice out of the steamer. Pour the hot coconut mixture on top of rice and gently stir. (It may look like your rice is drowned in coconut water, but the liquid will all be absorbed.) Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and let the mixture stand at room temperature, undisturbed, for half and hour.
- The coconut sticky rice is to be served at room temperature along with fresh mango. The sesame seeds are optional.
- The rice can be refrigerated and reheated in the microwave, but the texture of reheated sticky rice isn’t as good as it is when freshly made, Freezing sticky rice is not recommended.
Wonnapob provides and supplies the best "vitamin enriched rice products" through our up-to-date automatic rice processing equipments. Our products are GMO free , healthy, and safe for the environment.