How to cook rice
Put Glutinous rice into casserole dish
Rinse rice several times until water run clear
Soak rice in water for 12 hours or overnight, the drain
Line a saucepan steamer with muslin or similar fine weave cotton cloth, put rice in the steamer
Steam over steamer for 45 minutes until rice is tender
Completely soak Glutinous rice in water for 2 to 10 hours.
Add water to steam pot and bring to boil.
Drain off excess water from after soaking and put rice into "Huat" or equivalent container.
Place container "Huat" over steam pot and cover with lid. Cook rice with steam over medium fire for 30 minutes. to 45 minutes. Place rice in appropriate container and serve.
Put 1 cup of rice and 1.5 cups of water into the pot. Let the rice soak for at least half an hour or as long as 4 hours.
Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt and stir. Place the pot over hight heat and bring the water to a boil.
Turn the heat to medium low and cover the pot, leaving the lid slightly off on one side to vent.
Cook for 10 minutes. But DO NOT stir the rice while cooking.
After 10 minutes, check to see if the rice has absorbed all of the water by pulling the rice away from the center with a fork to create a hole. If there is still water, continue cooking until the liquid has been absorbed.
Remove the pot from the heat and Allow the rice to stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Put 1 cup of rice and 1.5 cups of water into the rice cooker. Allow the rice to stand and soak for 30 minutes to 4 hours.
Put 1/2 teaspoon of salt and turn on the rice cooker. Let it go until it automatically shuts off.
Allow it to stand for at least 5 minutes and enjoy.
Great Choice For Sweet Rice
Thai Coconut Sticky Rice and Mango
- 1/2 cup raw Thai sticky rice (no substitute), soaked anywhare from one to 5 hours, drained and rinsed to get rid of excess starch
- 1/2 cup good coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 perfectly ripe good mango (preferably Ataulfo), peeled and cut into thick slices
- Put the rice in a heatproof bowl and steam in a steamer, over medium heat, for about 20 minutes (based on one half cup of rice). The rice should be cooked through with no hard, raw bits in the middle of the grains. You can also cook the sticky rice without a steamer, using the splatter guard method.
- Turn off the heat and let the rice stay in the steamer, with the lid on, while you prepare the coconut milk.
- In a heatproof bowl, heat the coconut milk, sugar, and salt in the microwave on high for 2 minutes. The sugar should completely dissolve and the mixture should be very hot.
- Take the sticky rice out of the steamer. Pour the hot coconut mixture on top of rice and gently stir. (It may look like your rice is drowned in coconut water, but the liquid will all be absorbed.) Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and let the mixture stand at room temperature, undisturbed, for half and hour.
- The coconut sticky rice is to be served at room temperature along with fresh mango. The sesame seeds are optional.
- The rice can be refrigerated and reheated in the microwave, but the texture of reheated sticky rice isn’t as good as it is when freshly made, Freezing sticky rice is not recommended.